What is MailChimp Integration?
MailChimp Integration allows you to integrate your surveys with MailChimp.
MailChimp is an email marketing service with over 2 million users. It offers an easy way for users to send email newsletters, manage subscriber lists, and track campaign performance.
MailChimp takes a variety of basic and advanced features (like templates, list segmentation, a/b testing, geo-targeting and ROI tracking) and makes them accessible to the everyday user through automation and a competitive price point.
Their platform uses an open API and encourages other systems and web applications to integrate with its email-marketing engine.
How to integrate my survey with MailChimp?
To watch a video tutorial, check out the following link: Mailchimp Integration
We’ve also provided a written tutorial below.
If you are a Pro or Extra user, you can easily integrate your survey with MailChimp by following the steps below:
1) Go to Dashboard -> Your Survey -> Edit -> Questions. Here you will see the Integrations button:
2) Choose MailChimp from the list with options:
3) Provide your MailChimp Api Key.
In order to execute your MailChimp campaign, you need to enter your MailChimp Api Key. API (application-programming interface) is a way for you to “sync” your customer database, CRM, CMS, or e-commerce shopping cart with MailChimp. Figuratively speaking, it the API key allows addpoll and MailChimp to “talk” between each other. To find more details on how you can grab your API key from MailChimp, please check out this tutorial.
5) Under the API key you will see a name field and a drop-down menu with all the lists available in your account. Name your Mailchimp campaign, select the list segment you wish to use and click Save.
6) Now map the fields from Mailchimp to corresponding questions in your survey. You simply need to link questions from your survey with Mailchimp fields:
Note: You can assign a default value if you wish, but that is optional.
When ready, press Add. You can add as many questions <-> Mailchimp fields, as you wish!
7) When ready, press Save.
The integration is now all set in both addpoll and MailChimp! When respondents take your survey, addpoll will automatically capture the subscriber’s email address as part of the survey and you will be able to see these the e-mail addresses in the survey results.